“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” – George Orwell.
Howard Zinn the famous historian wrote about how mainstream historians lie. And this is what he wrote.
Quote “One can lie about the past, or one can omit facts which might lead to unacceptable conclusion…..
Outright lying or quiet omission takes the risk of discovery which, when made, might arouse the reader to rebel against the writer. To state the facts, however, and then to bury them in a mass of other information is to say to the reader with certain infectious calm: yes, mass murder took place, but it’s not that important — it should weigh very little in our final judgments; it should affect very little what we do in the world.
My argument cannot be against selection, simplification, emphasis, which are inevitable for both cartographers and historians. But the map maker’s distortion is a technical necessity for a common purpose shared by all people who need maps. The historian’s distortion is more than technical, it is ideological; it is released into a world of contending interests, where any chosen emphasis supports some kind of interest, whether economic or political or racial or national or sexual.
Furthermore, this ideological interest is not openly expressed in the way a mapmaker’s technical interest is obvious (“This is a Mercator projection for long-range navigation-for short range, you’d better use a different projection”). No, it is presented as if all readers of history had a common interest which historians serve to the best of their ability.
My point is not that we must, in telling history, accuse, judge, condemn “….” in absentia. It is too late for that; it would be a useless scholarly exercise in morality. But the easy acceptance of atrocities as a deplorable but necessary price to pay for progress….. that is still with us.One reason these atrocities are still with us is that we have learned to bury them in a mass of other facts, as radioactive wastes are buried in containers in the earth. We have learned to give them exactly the same proportion of attention that teachers and writers often give them in the most respectable of classrooms and textbooks. This learned sense of moral proportion, coming from the apparent objectivity of the scholar, is accepted more easily than when it comes from politicians at press conferences. It is therefor more deadly.
/quote. -Howard Zinn: The peoples history of the United States of America.
The ICSE History book for Indian children by Romila Thapar is so outrageous... it’s infuriating what these leftists are indoctrinating Indian school children with. I had written about my own experience when I was in school in this piece. The “Sick-ular” Indoctrination of Indian children – Part 1 . But it has taken on a deadly turn today. Here is Amit Thandani’s twitter posts that went viral. All he did was quote from the 6th standard “history books” taught to school children in India. The source was obviously from Ms. Thapar’s alleged “history”.
First page – a tribute to the writer of history, Romila Thapar. She’s a historian, yes. pic.twitter.com/UdrKHv9GWw
Measurement of time in history – only one way, of our Lord Jesus Christ. Indians didn’t have time before, you see.pic.twitter.com/q0SYf8QJa2
The bloody conquest of Islam across the Arab world is “unification” that produced writers, thinkers and scientists.pic.twitter.com/IaK0AjwaDD
They managed to squeeze in Christian persecution here too, slaves punished cruelly for reading the Bible pic.twitter.com/tACEEqhNkn
And don’t miss this sweet little nugget:
What is the real history of India? What are the corrections that needs to be made to the Romila Thapar’s distorted history? What are some of the key omissions?
Without writing an entire history of India in this blog, let me give you a 60,000 feet history of India and the salient points that has been distorted by the leftist historians of India (Romila Thapar et al) and the leftists of the world.
- Indian history goes back into antiquity to the Indus Valley civilization. This is more ancient than any civilization from the middle east.
- The peoples of India for the most part are from the Sub continent. They did not come from Europe. The only antiquity that makes sense is that all of us may have originated in Africa. The entire Aryan Invasion Theory is nonsense that the white supremacists of Europe came up with to rationalize their Racist theories. This needs to be rejected. Even Harvard has changed their story today. They have quietly gone from the “Invasion theory” to the Aryan “Migration theory”. But the political left in India insist that the North Indians of India are not aboriginal to India but rather invaders who killed and mutilated South Indians the true aboriginals of India.
- India, that stretched from what is known today as Afghanistan to the west, and Burma to the east and Srilanka to the south and the Himalayas to the North. What united India was the culture of Sanathana Dharma (today its known as the “Hindu religion”). This culture goes back into antiquity of the Vedas.
- 300 BC was the time Alexander the Greek who came to India and saw the riches of Indian Mauryan empire. The Chola dynasty was one of the longest-ruling dynasties in the history of southern India. The earliest dateable references to this Tamil dynasty are in inscriptions from the 3rd century BCE left by Asoka, of the Maurya Empire. As one of the Three Crowned Kings, the dynasty continued to govern over varying territory until the 13th century CE. The common culture from the North to the South (Today’s India) was the culture of Sanathana Dharma (Hinduism and the offshoots Buddhism and Jainism).
- The ISIS and the Boko Haram invaded and abused INDIA and the Hindus For 700 YEARS. This is a fact. About 1000 years ago, the Islamists the likes of ISIS you see today with their violent culture invaded and assaulted the Indian civilization and ruled India for about 700 years. Prior to this awful violence, Persians who were persecuted by Islam sought refuge and were welcomed in India. You see, India was the country where persecuted people around the world went to. These good folks are called “Parsies”. They have been model citizens of India. Some famous Parsies from India are a) Manek Shaw, the First 5 star General of India. Zubin Mehta the famous conductor of the New York Philharmonic. Freddie Mercury of the Rock group “Queen” who gave the American national Sport anthem ” We will we will rock you”. If one travels to North of India and the South of India, it is so obvious (by looking at the skyline of the rich temples in the south and the Mosques and Islamic structures in the Northern Indian skyline) what the Islamists had done in India. List of Mosques in various states which were built after demolishing Hindu temples
- Ms Tapar’s most benign interpretation of Islamic terror in India for over 700 years is not just unfair, it actually is persecution of Indian Hindus once again. What could be their motive? I can only guess, that they go, OK, we had a violent history.. .but why bring that up now… lets look at only the good things, ignore the bad part..and move on. That is like a family that has had a crime of incest that wants to move on but do not want to talk about it, they rather think of pleasant things and leave the bad parts behind (Denial)… But for the victims, it’s outrageous.. We cannot move on unless its discussed out in the open and confronted. And only then we can move on… Rewriting a false history for the family only enrages the victims. And that is cruelty that continues. We have had the Nuremberg Trial (for the Holocaust), The Truth commission for the South African apartheid, The truth commission for the leftist Pol Pot atrocities of Cambodia. These are necessary to move forward. No such thing has been done for the 700 years of horrific tyranny by the Islamist against the native Dharmic people of India. On the other hand, when it comes to caste, the left does not want to leave it behind, Even after Hindus have acknowledged and are confronting it.. The left keeps on scratching the scab and keep opening the wounds again and again.
- 300 years of Anglican and British history in India. Although this was not as bad as the Islamic horrors, this was not all benign either . Some of the things that were distorted and used against the natives of India, was to find an obscure evil in some parts of India and then extrapolate that to all Hindus to justify the English rule in India. The famous Sati story is one of them. The practice of Sati was in some obscure part of Rajasthan by a small group. Prior to the English invasion, Muslim armies when they invaded, raped and took over Hindu women as sex slaves by the Islamists.. so some Hindu women felt that it was better to self immolate than to be taken away by Muslims, This practice of Sati was a small irrelevant part of Indian history which the English used to advertise the justification for their tyrannical rule over Indians/Hindus. One other aspect was the nonsense about Kali worshipers and the Thug culture of India. I have written about it here in this blog entry. THE “ANTI CHRIST” GODDESS KALI AND THE MADE UP “THUGS. Like, even the broken clock is right twice a day, there was some left over use the British invasion and their tyrannical rule had on India. The English language, the railways and the schooling system. But in Ms Thapar’s history, there is no mention, what the Hindus had given the world.. the Hindu numerals 1-9 and the the concept of zero. Where would the west be in science and technology with their roman numerals I, II, XIIII etc eh? No mention of the pluralistic culture of the Dharmic faiths of India. In its 5000 year history, no Indians ethnically and culturally slaughtered one another over their “sub culture”…Ever! Many Americans are beginning to acknowledge the positive pluralistic influence of the Dharmic/Hindu culture. We are all Hindus now – Lisa Miller – Newsweek. Naturally, there is No mention of the Hindu’s contribution to the world with their knowledge of Yoga.
- India is one of the few places in the world Jews were not persecuted. India has one of the oldest Jewish population (Today, many of them have moved on to Israel). No mention of this in Ms Thapar’s Indian history for this may put the Hindus in positive light and she can’t have that. Was there any mention of the Holocaust and the Christian persecution of the Jews during WWII?TEACHING OF THE HOLOCAUST HISTORY SHOULD BE MANDATORY IN INDIAN SCHOOLS.
- Although traditional Indian Christians not unlike the Parsies, have been model citizens, recent evangelical Christians have not been so nice. They are on a predatory hunt to evangelize and culturally cleanse India. They have colluded with western Evangelical organizations to war with Asian faiths. To aid in this project, Ms Thapar has not only given the most benign interpretation of Christian history, she has also omitted to mention the Goa Inquisition in India.
- Inquisition in Goa, India (and in Spain): The Christian priests went about one of the most horrific tyranny and torture on Indian people who believed differently from the dictates of the Church.
- Ms Thapar’s christian history in America is distilled down to “persecution of Christians” cause black people were not allowed to read the Bible. But who were the persecutor of the Africans in the Americas? What was the persecutors religion? What about the Holocaust of the Native population of the Americas? No mention of that either. But do not worry peeps, I have them all listed here. Ms Thapar may want to read up on The Real Christian history!
Freddie Mercury (born Farrokh Bulsara; Born into a Parsi family from Gujarat, whose ancestors escaped from Persia and found safety in India to live and practice their faith of Zoroastrianism. Here he is, singing the American National Sports Anthem “We will We will Rock you”!